Graciela Alimanestianu, M.S., L.Ac.
NY States Licensed Acupuncturist
The word Ciel is the French word for Sky, which has a special meaning and connection for Graciela. She has a strong spiritual connection with nature and is fascinated with the beauty of its daily metamorphosis. Having grown up by some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, Graciela knows that taking a moment each day to appreciate nature’s beauty can be very beneficial and fulfilling to one’s soul. Ciel Acupuncture’s Manhattan and Southampton locations offer a charming and relaxing retreat from the stresses of your everyday life.
"I am extremely passionate about holistic integrative medicine and consider my acupuncture practice as a way to make a positive impact on my patient’s lives. The treatments I administer are designed to meet each person’s specific needs. Sessions provide a unique experience and allow for the body’s maximum healing capabilities to occur. Patients will feel healthier, achieve a greater sense of inner peace, obtain pain and symptom relief, to live happier lives"
Graciela Alimanestianu a New York State Licensed Acupuncturist, Co-Founder of Geomare Wellness Center & Spa in Southampton, New York, Bachelor's Degree in Professional Health Sciences and a Master's Degree of Science in Acupuncture from the Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences. Certified in Reconnective Healing by Dr. Eric Pearl, and certified in Cerebro Spinal Fluid Technique by Dr. Don Glassey. Trained in both Classical Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture.
Graciela treated patients in Montefiore Medical Center's Pain Clinic, ACQC Aids Center, the Swedish Institute Su Wen clinic and at Beautiful You Center for the Healing Arts.
What is Acupuncture?
• Acupuncture is an ancient medicine that has been in existence for well over 4000 years. It is an effective form of medical treatment that has gained prominence in today’s holistic health care system and is widely used in conjunction with western medical care.
• Acupuncture boosts immunity, improves physical and emotional health, restores balance and enhances the body’s natural self-restoring capabilities.
• Acupuncture itself is the insertion of very thin, one-time use sterilized needles into the body at specific points. The insertion is subtle, quick and stimulates the flow of Qi into the body, promoting natural healing.
• Acupuncture points have specific effects and benefits. In a treatment, combinations of points are selected based on the individuals needs.
Why Choose Acupuncture?
• Acupuncture is a safe and effective, non-invasive method used to treat a broad range of medical issues. It can be used in combination with, or as an alternative to pharmaceuticals and surgery.
• Practitioners of Acupuncture and Chinese medicine have used this noninvasive method of treatment for thousands of years to help millions of people lead a healthier life style.
What can Acupuncture Treat?
• Acupuncture treats the person as a whole, not just the symptom.
• Acupuncture works to stabilize the body while promoting natural healing and confronting the disharmonies that lead to symptoms. As a result, one should feel mental peace, symptom relief, and physical relaxation for an overall sense of wellbeing.
What Can I Expect From a Session?
• The initial treatment is the longest and usually lasts between one and two hours.
• Follow-up treatments are shorter in length and typically last up to one hour.
• The number of treatments may vary depending on each patients needs.
• A commitment to six sessions is recommended, but regular treatments over an extended time period may be required.
• Frequency of visits is determined based on the specific patient needs. An acute condition can initially require an increased number of treatments at the onset, with gradual reduction over time. Chronic conditions generally require one or two treatments a week.
• Acupuncture may be performed pre- and post-surgery and if you are on medications or supplements.
• At Ciel Acupuncture we institute a holistic approach when treating the signs of aging, stress, fatigue, and poor complexion. We emphasize the importance of treatment from the inside out providing our clients with a more comprehensive remediation for their cosmetic needs. Facial Rejuvenation aims to correct the signs of aging, improve complexion, and helps to improve facial muscle tone. Additionally, dermal contraction has been shown to increase dispersal and production of collagen thus helping to firm the skin and fill out wrinkles, bags and sagging around the eyes, face, and neck can be significantly reduced.
• Acupuncture can profoundly effect the regulation of hormones in the body, significantly improving conditions like acne and overly dry skin. Healthy facial coloring can be restored and there can be a tightening of the pores. Stress and expression lines, which can cause visible fatigue of the face can be treated resulting in a younger, calmer, and fresher looking face and complexion. Acupuncture works by treating the whole body and addressing the underlying causes of aging and disease.
New York City - West Village
Long Island - Southampton